APRS enhanced version of the VX-8E.
Due to user requests Yaesu has extended some capabilities of the fantastic handheld in respect of APRS functions. All other functions remain unchanged, the same accessoiries are used.
- Smart Beaconing ™ Function: When using APRS for position tracking, the beacon timing is automatically adjusted to your traveling speed and location to plot a smoother trace to match your position and movement on a map.
- The number of Station List memories has increased from 40 to 50.
- The number of APRS Message memories has increased from 20 to 30.
- DIGI-PATH route indication function: The APRS® Packet data includes Digipeater routing info.
- Heads up compass display to the GPS Screen: Your traveling direction is always toward the top of the display.
- The Message received LED flashing rate is selectable.
- The number of DIGI-PATH route settings is increased from 1 to 7.
- The VX-8DE will be available by the end of March or early April 2010
- news from WIMO